bug (plural bugs)
- An insect of the order Hemiptera (the "true bugs").
- A colloquial name for any insect or arachnid thatâ€™s a pest.
- These flies are a bother. Iâ€™ll get some bug spray and kill them.
- Various species of marine crustaceans.
- A problem that needs fixing.
- The computer program has a bug in it.
- A contagious illness.
- Heâ€™s got the flu bug.
- An enthusiasm for something.
- I think heâ€™s a gold bug, he has over 10,000 ounces in storage.
- An electronic listening device.
- We installed a bug in her telephone.
- A small or invisible image on a World Wide Web page, used to track persons who viewed it.
- He suspected the image was a web bug used for determining who was visiting the site.
- A small, usually transparent or translucent image placed in a corner of a television program to indicate what network or cable channel is televising it.
- He did not like the network bug that appeared onscreen.
- Manually positioned marker in flight instruments.
- A card cheatâ€™s bug is a holdout device.
- to catch the skiing bug
- A semi-automated telegraph key.
3 letters in word "bug": B G U.
Anagrams of bug:
Words found within bug: